Friday, May 31, 2013

A Letter to My Future Students

Dear students,

I want to take you on a little journey.  It is a journey that took me five weeks to complete but it has opened so many new opportunities for me to explore that I do not feel the adventure is over yet.  This journey began with the introduction to Informatics, a world of technology.  For many of you, technology and what it has to offer is probably not a new concept.  For me, technology included Google, YouTube and PowerPoint presentations-- that other people created, NOT me!  I had never blogged before in my entire life.  I knew about blogging, mind you, but it was not an avenue that I had previously envision utilizing for providing instruction to students.  I had also never used Skype before I began this journey.  Now I wonder how many of my friends and family use it.

 
 
I am sure there are going to be many times that you can teach me new and exciting ways to use technology in the classroom, and I welcome this!  I feel learning is a collaborative experience.  I have learned so much from Informatics, primarily that learning is never limited by technology, only by our imagination!  I have discovered a world that goes far beyond lectures and textbooks.  It involves avatars, animoto, and virtual field trips.  I feel that I am now better prepared to meeting your learning needs and in providing a creative and fun educational environment for us all. 
 
                             
 
I look forward to the opportunity to learn and grow with you!
God bless and happy learning!
 
With warm regards,
Jennifer Smalls, RN, BSN
Future nursing educator


No comments:

Post a Comment